Updated: Jun 4, 2020
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is a legitimate power that offers a food permit to all food business administrators (FBO) in India. All the producers, merchants, eateries, basic food item shops, shippers and exporters, and so forth are qualified for giving Basic license, State License or Central License depending upon their eligibility. FosCos System has newly introduced to online provide the license and in a transit time from FLRS earlier system.
In this article we would cover the following
Who needs FSSAI License/Registration?
Introduction of New FSSAI system Foscos from FLRS
What are the objectives of new system Foscos for FSSAI License
Who is eligible for applying for FSSAI license
Types of FSSAI license
Validity for FSSAI License
Types of forms to be filled
Documents required for the application of basic license
Documents required for the application of state license & central license
Renewal of the FSSAI License
Procedure for application of State & Central License
Fees for applying FSSAI License
Penalty in case of Violation under FSSAI
1. Who needs FSSAI License/Registration?
FSSAI License/Registration is required for all food related organizations, for example, makers, dealers, cafés, little diners, staple shop, shippers, exporters, locally established food organizations, dairy ranches, processors, or retailers.
Who are engaged with food business must get a 14-digit enlistment Number or a Food permit number which must be imprinted on food bundles or Displayed in Premises. This 14 digit FSSAI permit number gives information about the maker's grant or enlistment unpretentious components, and the collecting state.
2. Introduction of New FSSAI system Foscos from FLRS
FSSAI has recently introduced a new system FosCos for issuing FSSAI Licence and the current system is in the transition phase from the FLRS system. The reason for the introduction of new system is to empower and give direction to our essential stakeholders for example Food Business Operators (FBOs), Designated Officers (DOs) and Food Safety Official (FSOs) about the recently propelled application for example Food and Safety Compliance Framework (FosCos). This will likewise additionally help the clients experiencing significant change from our inheritance application FLRS (i.e. Food License & Registration System) to FoSCoS from business point of view.
FSSAI is giving this direction record to give a general comprehension of the new framework and portray the key application capacities which would be utilized to apply and process the Enlistment/License applications. If it's not too much trouble note that this archive doesn't supplant the point by point User Manuals being furnished with the application.
3. What are the objectives of new system Foscos for FSSAI License
· Transformation from the present FLRS which is just an authorizing stage to a central food security consistence administrative stage.
· Build an in fact progressed incorporated application to accomplish interoperability with different applications, equipped for higher client traffic, and has potential for future redesigns and functionalities.
· Enhance client execution of the application and make application process more straightforward also, effective to advance simplicity of working together among FBOs.
· Achieve insignificant physical documentation and smooth out business process streams for FBOs for online application.
· Achieve and empower the application to have normalized item approach rather than content box approach for producers.
· Enable application to seed business explicit subtleties, for example, CIN No., PAN No. furthermore, GST No. to guarantee all over profiling and approval of FBOs.
4. Who is eligible for applying for FSSAI license
· Dairy units which incorporate milk chilling units prepared to deal with and process.
· Vegetable oil handling units and units that produce vegetable oil by the procedure of dissolvable extraction and treatment facilities that incorporates oil expeller unit.
· Butchering units.
· Meat preparing units.
· Food preparing units that incorporate relabellers and repackers.
· Exclusive nourishments.
· 100% exporting units.
5. Types of FSSAI license
1. Basic FSSAI Registration - On the off chance that the yearly turnover of a food business is beneath Rs. 12 lakh then fundamental enrollment of food authorizing is required. For the most part when somebody is firing up a business and uncertain of anticipated turnover, fundamental sanitation enlistment is done which can be moved up to state permit if the turnover surpasses Rs. 12 Lakh.
Dairy having limit less than 500 liters for every day or day by day fabricating limit under 100kg every day needs to get fundamental FSSAI enrollment which incorporates wide scope of organizations beginning from little dish shops, tea slows down, locally situated food administrators, little distribution centers, container’s, noontime supper administrations and food processors.
2. State FSSAI License - In the event that the yearly turnover of the food business is more than Rs. 12 lakhs and not as much as Rs. 20 crores then one needs to get state FSSAI License. Assembling units having limit upto 2 MT for each day, Dairy units dealing with business upto 50,000 liters for every day, 3 star lodgings or more, repackers and relebelling units, clubs bottles, all the providing food business independent of their turnover needs to apply for State permit.
3. Central FSSAI License - On the off chance that the yearly turnover of the food business is more than Rs. 20 Crores then Central FSSAI License is required. Presently the organizations which don't fall under the over two classes, they have to go for central permit. Also, the merchant and exporters obligatorily needs central permit, in the event that you are in a business having business in more than one state.
6. Validity for FSSAI License
FSSAI permit legitimacy connects from 1 to 5 years and it depends on the quantity of years which is picked by the sustenance manager. The cost of the license in any case augments with the quantity of years which he has associated for. As indicated by the FSSAI rules, the food business administrator needs to apply for the restoration of the permit in 30 days and it ought to be done before its expiry. Any FSSAI Renewal Application documented past the expiry date is exposed to a late charge of Rs.100 for each deferred day.
7. Types of forms to be filled
1. FSSAI Registration Form A - Fundamental FSSAI Registration Form A is should have been documented when the little FBO has a yearly turnover of under 12 lakhs (i.e. for the Basic Registration) .
2. FSSAI Registration Form B – Form B would be use for the State as well as Central license. State FSSAI License structure B is should have been documented when the food unit's turnover is under 20 crores and whose territory of activity is restricted to the state as it were. It is given by the Government of state. Central FSSAI License structure B is should have been recorded when the food unit's turnover is more than 20 crores or the merchant is having business in more than 2 states. It is given by the Central Government of India.
8. Documents required for the application of basic license
· Form A properly finished and marked
· Identity Proof (i.e. PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card, Driving License)
· One Photo
9. Documents required for the application of state license & central license
· Form B appropriately finished and marked
· Plan of the preparing unit indicating the measurements and activity insightful region assignment
· Rundown of Directors/Partners/Proprietor with address, contact subtleties, and personal ID
· Name and rundown of gear and apparatus utilized with the number and introduced limit
· Rundown of food class to be made
· Authority letter from producer assigned a mindful individual name and address
· Investigation report of water to be utilized in the process to affirm the compactness
· Wellspring of crude material for milk, meat and so forth
· Review plan any place material
· Service of Commerce Certificate for 100% EOU
· NOC/PA archive gave by FSSAI
· IE code archive gave by DGFT
· Structure IX
· Endorsement from Ministry of Tourism
· Verification of ownership of premises
· Organization deed/oath of ownership
· NOC and duplicate of License from the maker
· Sanitation the executives framework plan or endorsement
· NOC from the district or nearby body
· Supporting report for verification of turnover and transportation
10. Renewal of the FSSAI License
The FSSAI permit is fundamental to begin the food business, also it is basic to recharge the permit. The permit is given for a legitimacy of 1 year or 5 years, so the business must apply for restoration 30 days before the expiry of current permit. FSSAI has presented an online application called FosCos earlier it was Food Licensing and Registration System (FLRS) so organizations can apply online for the licenses.
11. Procedure for application of State & Central License
(The process remains the same but choose appropriate option and upload appropriate documents)
2. Login with your client certification and select apply for permit/Registration from the Tab License/enlistment also, continue.
3. Select the state where your reason of food business arranged.
4. Affirm yes on the off chance that you have premises in more than one state in any case select no.
5. Whenever chose yes at stage 2 and you are applying for Head Office/Registered office select yes and proceed for central license first. On the off chance that you have premise in more than one state however you are not having any significant bearing for Head Office/Registered office at that point select no.
6. On the off chance that you chose yes at stage 4 and you have other food business from Head Office/Registered office select truly. Continue for subsequent stage.
7. Whenever chose No at stage and Continue for subsequent stage.
8. Select Kind of business.
9. Select the turnover or introduced limit.
10. On the basis of the kind of business and limit the kind of license requiring will be decided and select proceed
11. Attach the supporting records.
12. Pay the fees.
13. Print Form B and sign the equivalent
14. In the event that you are maker, Repacker and Relabeller then select from these sort of business as indicated by your products
15. For different business select proper business, which will be done at the reason for which permit is being applied from the accessible rundown. It might be more than one sort of business.
16. Output the records and create separate pdf for every archive and select document to be transferred for each archives, while applying.
17. Time endorsed for examination by DO is 30-60 days from definite accommodation of use.
18. After successfully allotment of FSSAI Login with your client qualification and download the certificates.
12. Fees for applying FSSAI License
Basic Registration : Rs. 100 for one year
State License : Depending upon Business ranging in between Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 5,000 for one year
Central License : Rs. 7,500 for one year
13. Penalty in case of Violation under FSSAI
1. Unacceptable food quality – 2 lakh
2. Substandard food quality – 5 lakh
3. Non branded food – 3 lakh
4. Misleading advertising – 10 lakh
5. Extraneous food – 1 lakh
6. Failure in safety – 2 lakh
7. Unhygienic manufacturing – 1 lakh
To Watch Video How to apply Visit on YouTube Channel
You can contact us for any query or comment in the comment section below