What is ISO Certifications | Benefits of ISO Certifications
ISO (International Organization for Standardization) as the name suggests it's an autonomous worldwide association, that creates International Standards, for example, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, however they are not engaged with the ISO accreditation and don't issue ISO testaments. Outside affirmation bodies in India play out the ISO accreditation process. The main aim of ISO is to set international standards in the field of technology.
Types of ISO Certifications and their areas:
For each different purpose, there are ISO Certification. On the basis of requirement of your business and environment you may obtain one or more of the following below ISO Certifications
ISO 9001:2008- Quality Management System
OHSAS 18001 – Occupational Health & Safety Management System
ISO 37001 – Anti-bribery management systems
ISO 31000 – Risk Management
ISO 27001 – Information Security Management System
ISO 10002 – Compliant Management System
ISO 14001:2015 – Environment Management System
ISO 26000 – Social Responsibility
ISO 28000 – Security Management
ISO 22008 – Food Safety Management
SA 8000 – Social accountability
EnMS EN 16001 ISO 50001 – Energy Management
SO/IEC 17025 – Testing and calibration laboratories
SO 13485 – Medical devices
ISO 639 – Language codes
ISO 4217 – Currency codes
ISO 3166 – Country codes
ISO 8601 – Date and time format
ISO 20121 – Sustainable events
SO/IEC 27001 – Information security management
What is the need of ISO Certification?
ISO Certification tells that in which field the firm has expertise. For e.g. when there is ISO 28000 certification it means that the company has mastered in the security management. For reaching these standards certain norms are to be followed.
ISO registration says that the business is internationally approved by the officials. The international credibility of the business increases. It also states that the firm follows certain production norms and terms which means that the firm is trustworthy.
It is internationally accredited so there are chances to get a lot of government contracts and international deals based on the stamp of ISO. The employees will also be keen to join because if they follow the norms the employees will also be benefited under this certification.
Hence, ISO standardizes the firm and gives internationally credibility too.
Who gives ISO Certification?
The International Organization for Standardization performs affirmation itself. ISO is centered solely on creating guidelines, ensuring associations in those principles. Rather, a lot of organizations give ISO accreditations. ISO additionally doesn't independently authorize or affirm ISO Certification. A few nations have their own accreditation standards, and enlistment centers and large look for accreditation by at least one of those accreditation sheets.
ISO has a panel that gives rules and gauges to accreditation. This gathering is known as the Committee on Conformity Assessment (CASCO). An appropriate ensuring association (enlistment center) will submit to the CASCO measures when examining organizations.
How every accreditation procedure functions relies upon the ensuring body. Normally, the confirming association will survey the candidate's ISO documentation and visit the candidate to review the organization's frameworks so as to check that all ISO necessities have been actualized. In the event that there are zones that are not agreeable with ISO pre-requirements, the candidate will have the chance to address any insufficiencies before the ISO authentication being given.
Benefits of getting an ISO certificate:
· Worldwide validity: ISO Certification creates an imperative opportunity in helping the association to construct credibility in all over the world.
· Consumer trust: ISO measures are proposed to make associations to serve their customers in a superior manner that would increment the customer’s requirement.
· Government Tenders: ISO Certification is very fundamental to offer for Government Tenders.
· Business Efficiency: Functional productivity of associations is improved by acquiring ISO Certification. SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) and work directions can be created with the assistance of ISO Certification Agency. Usage of ISO in an association deals with the assets productively.
· Production Quality: By acquiring ISO Certification, the item quality matches up the global norms, it will lessen the danger of item request dismissals that may happen because of the defective items.
· Credit in the market: ISO Certification improves the business validity, and it helps the business promoting straightforwardly.